Friday, December 7, 2007

Winter Hits!

Winter has finally arrived in Telluride! It took Mother Nature awhile to find us this season I'm hoping this means that we'll get more snow mid-season to make up for this!
We went to Summit over turkey day and hung out with Team Frisco- we somehow managed to not pull the camera out at all during the four days we spent there. Courtney cooked a huge bird and we all piled around the table while Chaos hung out with his friend Kaya and tried to not beg. We did let him clean up afterwards. Sam also joined in on the Team Frisco endeavor and we all had fun watching the three kids get silly with the dogs after dinner. Both Golden's were brushed and had their hair played with. The kids danced to Hannah Montana music and headed off to bed while we had a bit of wine.
Friday morning I met a friend from UMF for breakfast at Copper. He was doing a race clinic so it was much earlier then I would have picked but it was good to catch up. He was actually working with Jon for the week- who is also a UMF kid. After breakfast I geared up and waited for Dave. I went to do laps on the main lift. It was my first day in my new tele boots which Bob from Bootdoctors in Telluride. Bob is one of the best bootfitters in the country and much needed after the agony I've gone though the last few years. I have a lot of friends who are also incredible boot guys but I wanted to stay local so if I start to hurt I can take advantage of the fit guarantee. I took one run- at first things felt great and I was pretty happy but halfway down the owies set in. I found a comfy chair and waited for the boys. When they arrived an hour later I was a bit nervous about heading back out but somehow sitting for an hour helped my feet settle into the boots. My feet have been great ever since. Plus since I'm no longer in a sloppy boot my telemark skiing has improved and I no longer hate to ski. Last winter was a challenge for me as I didn't have fun on the mountain for the first time in 16 years.

No comments: