Sunday, January 2, 2011

mayhaos snowshoe hike

Dave headed in for his final day of snowmaking today (he starts grooming tomorrow) while I had a rare day off from work and the sun was out with fresh snow on the ground. It's been frigid and around -10 degrees with the windchill so I was happy to have sunshine, little wind and 20 degrees. The sun here makes it feel 10 to 20 degrees warmer as well.  I geared up with the camera and a few layers and took the boys out to Lizard Head Pass around 20 minutes south of our house and went for a snowshoe hike on some dog-friendly groomed trails. I took almost 400 photos and played with the continuous shots to capture some of the best moments for the monsters.


They wore their packs and Mayhem's might have had a bit more weight then Chaos's but you can't tell as Mayhem was pretty excited even as the hike ended. I made them break trail a bit off to the side and by the end of the hike they figured out that they could just stick to the groomer's and work less. The snow was light, fluffy and deep which made for an easy snowshoe but a big walk for the boys.

Both dogs are now passed out and I'm set for a quiet night of knitting.

No comments: