Wednesday, June 6, 2007

no more hiking for a bit...

A windstorm has ended my hikes for a while. The whole area was without power due to the windstorm that killed a generator. Everything I had to do at work was computer based so I grabbed some files and Chaos I headed home to work on the laptop until I killed the battery.
Chaos was pumped when we turned onto the Jurassic Trail to take the long way home. It's a great trail and it takes us past the bench where we walk Chaos behind our house. We were nearing the end of the trail when my sage green croc stumbled. I manged to catch my fall on my other foot but my toes had bent in a curled position and it was the worst stub I've ever had. I gimped home with Chaos thinking the pain would subside.

Chaos will be having a poopy time with my broken toe!

Back at home I propped it up on the couch and ignored my throbbing toe feeling like a wimp. A few hours later I finally realized that something was wrong and should head to the medical center while it was still open. They had closed early due to the power outage so I still had to hit the emergency clinic on the other side of the building. They had some power from generators and were able to take x-rays but couldn't print them due to the power issues. The doc checked the small images out the screen and didn't see any fractures. I was sent home with instructions to ice it and keep it elevated.

my crocs-pre broken toe- pacific ocean 2006
The doc just called and he's reviewed the full size x-rays since the return of the power and I did fracture my toe. It makes me feel validated to know it's broken. I feared I was being a wimp with a stubbed toe. Fractured toes do not require a cast or anything. I just have to buddy tape it to another toe and gimp around as much as possible. Chaos is pretty upset as this is going to kill our daily walks for a least a week while I rest it. Looks like his new pack came just in time to aid in his daily workouts as our outings will be severely reduced.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love ya,

I hope your toe heals quickly--!

May God Bless You,

Mom