Wednesday, June 27, 2007

prep work....

so we've been pretty busy with all the prep work for the trip. I'm actually feeling anxious as I am not anxious enough.... for this trip I pulled up my packing list from our cross country vacation spring '06 and made some modifications. Right now I am sitting in a hotel room so I had to be ready to go this morning. Dave and Chaos still have another 2 days at home. I know Dave's back is mostly packed and Chaos is all packed and the other items are sitting in the back of the Tacoma thanks to my OCD.
Good thing too as Dave didn't get home from work until after 10pm tonight- he leaves the house between 7:30-7:45am so that's one long day. Thankfully it was big Dave's day off so Chaos got dinner and some breaks at a decent time! He also had a puppy friend come over today and play (thanks Emmy!) and I may call for another to play tomorrow. I was feeling guilty about leaving him today so picked up some good road trip treats for him at Target this afternoon! I am so ready for vacation... it's been since last April (September didn't count as I had less then 1 week off between jobs to pack and move 2,600 miles! That's not a vacation!) Please forgive us if we're zombies when we return to Eastern Standard Time. We're going to need at least a day to recover from this last week!

No comments: