Sunday, April 1, 2007

deep in the heart of Texas

I've been in Texas since Friday and can now say that I've had enough Mexican/TexMex food to last me for at least a year. I'm not a big fan to begin with but there aren't many Thai restaurants on the river walk in San Antonio so I had to deal.

Frozen Margs are another story... I had a few today with peach flavoring which were very smooth, made for a great evening in the sunshine with an old pal from Maine. I know at least one person will be a bit jealous that I also had some fresh Shiner Bock while in SA and it rivaled the Fat Tire that we had the first night.

I wish I had brought the camera so I could do some pic posting for y'all of my cheap pink cowboy hat and the river walk. It's been a pretty good trip. The ski industry is all about friends and this weekend I caught up with old one and made some new ones.... we always talk about how we're going to ski at each other's mountains but truth be told it's hard to get away during ski season so it rarely happens.

To top the trip off we found out today that Texas will be coming to Telluride next year- yee-haw!

Must jet- early flight tomorrow....

4 comments:

ME mom said...

Kate, love your Texas viewpoint, ski friends everywhere!

Love Always,

M&D

Elizabeth Soule said...

I see your parents read your blog too. Texas sounded like fun. Shiner Bock rivaling Fat Tire??? I need to get you back to Portland were you can drink some real beer! Show us the pink cowgirl hat!!!!

p&k said...

You're right, I am jealous. Mail me some.

Anonymous said...

FARVA Thirsty