Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Go Turtle....

So every time I drive anywhere in Colorado-other then our shopping trips to M-town- it snows. Yesterday rang true to that. I always told my parents it was a good thing I drove in every storm the first year I had my licence and this is what it was preparing me for. I did have a good drive despite the sketchy start. It was fun and I got to stop and get a great smoothie from the coffee shop in Gunni and drive by the house on Georgia Ave that I lived in for my junior year. I even got a shot of this crazy phenomenon.... the one arch McDonald's.

Yep- that's no joke. I even saw another today in Denver but had to work on my city driving skills and not take photos while shifting the truck.

In a somewhat related item the truck has mascots from our trip last spring. Here's our McD's turtle navigating for me... in my defence of my ramblings and silly pics I'd like to let you all know that Denver happens to be a bit of a drive. It would be like driving from Sugarloaf to Boston and halfway back all at once. But this is the fun of living out west in wide open spaces.

The turtle does have a bit more history as well... this winter when our dear friends from Sugarloaf came to visit Mother Nature presented them with weather challenges the whole time... snow before they left Maine, delays, lost luggage and other challenges. Chaos & I ended up driving to DIA to ensure that they would make it to see us. Of course it snowed and I drove across the state to find roads closed so I took a more roundabout way to get to Denver. Once I hit the interstate I thought I'd have smooth sailing... turns out that I went 5 miles in one hour! Our friends (who had been through a lot already) were hanging out in DIA trying to entertain themselves. Sara looked over at Farva and asked what could be delaying me. Farva explained to her that I was getting ready for a big turtle race and ensuring the rests stops were all in order for the turtles. (if you don't think this is funny then you need to get delayed in an airport or have a 6-7 hour drive take 8-9 hours!)

I'm here until Friday then I head over to Summit County and meet up with my puppy monster and Dave. Then Sunday it will be time to hop in the truck for another drive across the state. Who wants to bet it snows?










No comments: