Tuesday, May 1, 2007

denver


ah the big city.... thought you all might like to know some fun facts (and observations) about the mile high city....

Denver....

....80 different beers are brewed here
....has 300 days of sunshine
...10th largest downtown in the US
...Colfax Ave is over 30 miles long and home to a marathon
...2.4 million people live in the Denver metro area (maine has 1.2 million in the whole state)
Things I like best about going to Denver...
...seeing the real world denver house
...relearning downtown after 7 years
...finding some things are the same and still there
...navigation- the mts are west the big empty is Kansas and the streets are numbered in order
...California Pizza Kitchen, Yia Yias & PF Changs (all less expensive then eating in Telluride)
...finding parking spots so I don't have to parallel park
...having an 8 screen theatre 5 miles from my hotel
...malls- not that I love them but fun to remember why I don't
...watching cheesey chick flicks on a monster screen (I haven't seen many new movies but enjoyed the land of women with meg ryan)

No comments: