Sunday, May 6, 2007

always on a weekend...

Why is it that animals only have medial issues on weekends?
It's not that bad but he's breathing funny and I worry. He gobbled his dinner tonight, drank lots and played hard. Of course I fear bloat and can't sleep as a result. He's resting now with only a few funny noises every now and again. I've checked the internet for possible issues and resolutions but nothing substantial.
At least when he ate De-con his Uncle Rescue was around to save him... emt's are great.
We're at the point at almost 2 and 1/2 years old we know how to fix most issues. We keep the med kit and vet wrap on hand and have been known to use it. Chaos cut his paw this winter on my skis... he had a much worse injury a year and a half ago so we knew to not panic... clean it up, a bit disinfectant and some vet wrap (in blue of course...) and it was all good. When he ate chocolate we consulted the book and found he hadn't had enough to cause any harm.
This one's hard as he looks at me and wants me to fix it and vet wrap won't do...

No comments: