Tuesday, May 1, 2007

A-Basin

So I don't like spring skiing. I like it when I can trust the snow and sink an edge into pack powder and rip some fast turns down a smooth trail like Narrow Gauge or Comp Hill on a race day. This said I went skiing on Saturday. The day was more about hanging out and A-Basin seems to encourage tailgating. The Tacoma went early and we followed. We had packed in the small grill, burgers, dogs and all the nessasary items to have a good afternoon in the warm (6o degrees at least!) Colorado sunshine.
The dogs hung out in the back of the truck for the morning while we headed up on the mountain. Chaos was happy as he had his good friend, Kaya, from Maine with him. S, M, J, Dave & I proceeded to ride lifts and make turns.
two members of GLH being super cool
a truck full of trouble
chaos's cousins ready to walk him
sunburn and heading home (yes I do use spf...)
the end... not quite~halfway home

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate and Dave,
(and pets)
I love your posts. I enjoy the pictures of your travels and pets. Be careful of sunburns!
Love Always, God Bless,
Mom and Dad xxxooo