Sunday, May 6, 2007

seis de mayo...

So Chaos is ok... I worried for nothing. He had a great day today and went hiking and skiing with Team Dave, Emory and Tahoe. Emory used to ski at Sugarloaf too and we met him this year in Telluride.

I stayed home with the dog I was watching and made whoopie pies... which I learned that many people don't know about. They are very much a New England thing. My first attempt the other day tasted good but lacked the classic signs of a whoopie pie... the nice round shape. Today I added more flour as we are baking at 9,444 feet to help the rise and they came out great.

Anyhow...the boys were all excited for the whoopie pies as they had a big day hiking... since I wasn't there as that would require a lot of uphill I made this collage for everyone to enjoy....By the way these are from May sixth. The weather has changed a lot in the last week! Warm weather and sunshine to this.... over a foot of snow on the mountain. Thankfully the stuff around our house melts quickly...

The worst part about Sundays is that we have to end playtime and go back to work on Mondays... this week should be fun as we're dog sitting for another golden later this week.

No comments: