Monday, May 28, 2007

the return of river dog and finale of the festival

Bernadette, Roz, Lynn and Kit
This morning I got up super early and headed to town to listen to four "adventure divas". These ladies are not the typical "diva" they each rock in their own right and between them have accomplished a lot, a solo row across the atlantic, visiting the poles, free climbing el capitan in less then 24 hours and skiing all seven highest summits.

I've read Lynn's book Climbing Free and had been hoping to see her at the book signing yesterday. It didn't happen so today after the presentation I lingered like a dork with my book in my pack. She was very gracious and chatted for a moment and signed. I walked away pretty psyched to have a book that I loved signed by the author... I've read it a few times.
This afternoon Dave hit the skate park in town park and I took Chaos to play in the river. At home Chaos loves to play ball in the living room but outside he's easily distracted so we let him become river dog again. On our way home from the park we stopped at the market in town. We were walking in and I spotted Lynn again- not wanting to be a stalker I walked on into the market. While wandering looking for honey I ran into her. She remembered my name and we had a small conversation about the location of pesto and the fact that her four year old son loves pesto! Silly I know- but she remembered my name and was super nice.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Soule said...

Looks so beautifu out there right now! I need to visit!